Finally a top three Men’s Day finish in both the gross and net categories for Howard Jones on December 25th. Marwan Jalili also finished in the top three as did Rick Brown. Alright, I’ll come clean. There were only three golfers playing. Alright, there was no Men’s Day. It was Christmas. But what a chance to get a little press.
- Rick Brown – 76
- Howard Jones – 85
- Marwan Jalili – 91
- Howard Jones – 68
- Marwan Jalili – 70
- Rick Brown – 70
Here’s a summary of the “tournament”.
- Toughest play: Getting into the Men’s Locker Room (every door in the club house was locked).
- Most exciting shot: Jalili hitting a tree on #9 Lakes.
- Worst shot: Jones missing a two footer on #4 Lakes.
- Closest thing to good golf: Brown’s near eagle on #5 Arroyo.
- Best play of the day: Brown accepting bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon over a fence – passed by a family member in his backyard.
- Most enjoyable aspect of the match: Fast play! A three and a half hour round and that was on the heels of a foursome with two husband/wife teams.
- Line of the Day: “Hell no I’m not giving you that putt. What do you think this is – Christmas?”