When four-man teams play, the average gross score has been 86.3. When two-man teams play, the average gross score has been 87.9.
What conclusions can we draw from this statistically anomalous fact? Choose your favorite.
- Better golfers prefer four-man teams.
- Lousy golfers prefer two-man teams.
- Some golfers score better when they don’t have another team watching them.
- Group hugs amongst four-man teams produce a better golf swing.
- While the cat’s away, the mouse bumps his cheese, but only if it’s in a divot.
Over a stroke and a half difference in the averages! Go figure.
Might be a good idea to reduce the number of four-man team events and have more two-man team events (or ban group hugs).